Gaming and Virtual Environment
GAMING AND VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT
Instructors: Kürşat ÇAĞILTAY & Veysi İŞLER
Added: 4 September 2009
- Topic 1Introduction: Gaming and virtual environments overview
- Topic 2Gaming: What is game? History of gaming and game research. Potential gaming issues that need to be explored.
- Topic 3Game culture, motivation: What motivates people to play games and become familiar with game theories?
Term Project Phase 1
- Topic 4Cognitive aspects: Nature of user psychology. Games as learning tools.
- Topic 5Topics in game and VR usability - Human factors
Visit to HCI lab
- Topic 6Game design: Approaches/methodologies/technologies
Term Project Phase 2
- Topic 7Future of games and introduction to virtual environments
- Topic 8Building and displaying virtual worlds
- Topic 9Stereoscopic, holographic and head-mounted displays
- Topic 10Haptic devices and interaction techniques
Term Project Phase 3
- Topic 11Tracking technologies
- Topic 12Augmented reality
- Topic 13TBA
Term Project Phase 4
- Topic 14Student presentations