This course covers recent developments and open research problems in the area of bioinformatics. Main topics include:
- Comparative genome analysis,
- Protein folding problem, prediction of secondary/tertiary structure,
- Multiple structural alignment, protein docking,
- Functional classification of proteins, human genome annotation,
- Statistical modeling of biological data, kernel based methods, hidden Markov models,
- Data integration,
- Prediction and mining of genetic networks and protein interaction networks.