Object Oriented Programming with Java II
This is the second course covering the object oriented programming in the Java Programming Language. In this course some advanced features of the Java Language and J2EE platform are introduced. At the and of this course you will be able to prepare a GUI for an application which can have multiple threads, communicate through the Internet and storing/retrieving information in databases. In addition, you will be able to create applets which can run in web browsers.
- Introduce you the some of the advanced features of the Java programming language,
- Introduce you the multi-threaded programming,
- Introduce you how to use JFC Swing to create a GUI,
- Introduce you how to create client/server applications using sockets,
- Introduce you how to store/retrieve objects in persistent storage.
The learners are assumed to be familiar with Java programming language basics, and know how to create simple Java programs.
- http://java.sun.com/ : Java Development Kit, Development tools, Java Tutorial, and some other useful information can be found in this site.
- http://www.eclipse.org/ : A vendor-neutral open development platform and application frameworks for building software can be downloaded from this site.
- http://www.uml.org/ : UML resources is available in this site.
- http://www.bruceeckel.com/ : Free electronic version of the book Thinking In Java is available in this site.
- http://www.hibernate.org/ : A persistence framework could be found in this site.