Week 7 Instructional Design
Questions of Week7:
1.Is it possible to create an instructional system without following an Instructional Design Model? Always, sometimes, or never?
2.How would you answer someone who charged that "ID Models are just boxes and arrows, they have no practical value in real life instructional design/development projects"?
3. Write 3 Questions /Comments
1. Gustafson, K. L. Branch R. M. & Maribe R.(2002). Survey of Instructional Development Models. 3rd ed. ERIC Clearinghouse on Information Technology mode, Syracuse, NY. (Skim over taxonomy and models)
2. Gustafson, K. L. & Branch R. M. (2002). What is instructional design. Ch 2 in Trends and issues in instructional design and technology. Reiser, R.A., & Dempsey, J. A. (Eds.). Upper Saddle River , New Jersey: Merrill/Prentice Hall.
3. Branch, R.M. & Gustafson, K.L. (2002). Revisioning model of instructional development. presented at Educational communications and technology,Ffebruaray, 18-22.
4. Schiffman, S. S. (1995). Instructional System Design: Five Views of the field. Ch 11 in G. J. Anglin (Ed.), Instructional Technology: Past, Present, and Future (2nd ed.), Englewood, CO, Libraries Unlimited.
5. Seels, B. & Glasgow, Z. (1997). Using Models and Paradigms. Ch. 7 in Making Instructional Design Decisions. 165-194
6. Zemke, R. & Rossett, A. (2002). A hard look at ISD, Training, 39(2). Data base: EBSCO Host.
7. Reigeluth, C. M. & Alison,C-C. (---). A Common Language and Knowledge Base for ID?
1. Clark, R. C. (2002). Applying Cognitive Strategies to Instructional Design, Performance Improvement Journal, 41 (7), 8-13.
2. Sink, D. L., (2002). ISD: Faster Better Easier, Performance Improvement Journal, 41(7), 16-21.
3. McCombs, B. (1986). The Instructional Systems Development (ISD) Model: A Review of those Factors Critical to its Successful Implementation, ECTJ, 34(2), 67-81.
4. Wallace, G. W., Hybert, P. R., Smith, K. R., and Blecke, B., D. (2002). Designing for the ISD Life Cycle, Performance Improvement Journal, 41(7), 23-27.
Read for Entertainment:
Isman, A. (2005). The implementation results of new instructional design model: isman model. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology. ISSN: 1303-6521 volume 4 Issue 4 Article 7.