Education of Exceptional Children and Youth
EDUCATION OF EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Instructor: Claire ÖZEL
Added: 2 September 2010
- Topic 1First writing.
Course aims and expectations
Simulation part 1.
- Topic 2‘Attitudes and Behaviour’
Simulation part 2.
Submission: All ‘first writings’ must be handed in.
- Topic 3Projects: introduction.
‘Models of disability’
- Topic 4Disability in Education: Introduction
Project options: Initial choices
- Topic 5Disability in Education: What can be done
Project choices made and outline submitted
Visit to rehabilitation centre.
- Topic 6Disability in Education: Turkish realities and possibilities.
Images: how do we come across, what do we chose, can we change images
- Topic 7Students to bring newspaper articles/photos
Media images of disability in the light of Models of Disability
Submission: Project progress report
- Topic 8Teacher Roles and Responsibility: the Social Model of Disability
Transition: home-school, between schools, into university, into work
Photo collections -1-
- Topic 9Support networks: involving family, peers and school staff
Language and body language that empower
Quality of life.
Photo collections -2-
- Topic 10Assessment and testing: reasonable adjustments
Photo collections -3-
- Topic 11Poster presentations
Submission: Reflection paper
- Topic 12Poster presentations
- Topic 13Poster presentations.
Submission: Project reports and Diaries
- Topic 14